Sunday 15 January 2017

Conquered the mofo hill

The last couple of days has been a little bit up and down, not had time to have a crap in peace let alone write on here.
Friday was a bit of a mixed bag really. I had arranged to have a brew with Sammy Boo, which turned into a perfect shopping trip moment. As a keen runner I figured she could suggest which clothes are likely to chafe and which are likely to be more comfortable for an older 'slogger' like me. Felt like I had purchased some right old bargains, so now I have a wash and a wear kit. Sometimes it takes several days to get through our epic family washing pile and I can't be doing with being able to smell myself while I run. In fact, we walked through someone's sweat cloud on the way into town and it wasn't nice. Why are some people so smelly, can they not smell themselves?

Do I look like a proper runner? lol

Dave had been called into work for a meeting at work, so when I got home I discovered that he and his work colleagues have been laid off from work- redundancy looms. My initial reaction wasn't quite what I expected in hind sight. It wasn't panic, instead I thought - yes, happier Dave and wicked, I can go running without the pram. Dave works incredibly long hours and some weeks he literally hasn't seen us either before or after bed for 4/5 days. I am glad this didn't happen before Christmas, otherwise it would have made things a lot more difficult to keep things ticking over. Since Friday I have been contemplating money saving measures, but as our conversation earlier went... I'm already a tight arse and pretty savvy with the things we do buy, even Martin Lewis would be quite impressed.

Social media is a wonderful thing at times. I was really pleased to be given a little advice from Ant, Sammy,  Tomtom & Jane after my last post. Little things like this just make my heart happy and made me feel like I am actually able to do this. When other people leave comments, it is almost I suppose like other people believe that I can do it too.  I have now searched t'interweb for how to breathe when running, instead of trying to breathe through my blow hole. I have read up about nutrition for running and... I have set my goal and booked my place in the Birmingham Great Run in October. I updated my justgiving page, so hopefully others can see what I am trying to do to raise money.

I am thinking of trying to book my skydive for July, damn it's making me have palpitations at the thought of it. The last time we raised money for charity like this was in 2011. We held our fun on the field day at our local school, then Cakey and I walked a marathon with 2 other friends in a day. We raised money for my nephew Cameron, who was terminally ill with Rhabdomyosarcoma, to get him to Disney. Sadly, he passed away a short time later at the age of 8. This is the reason behind why I want to raise money for Children with Cancer UK. The statistics are awful. No child and family should suffer, more research is needed into this awful type of cancer which affects younger children. #Cam'sSunshineTrust is also continuing to raise money to fund research in his memory.
https://www.facebook.com/cameron.woodhouse.31?fref=ts

Image may contain: one or more people
Saturday morning I went for my second run, without the pram yay! My god did it make a difference only running with my own body weight. I ran through Chasewater, walked up that bad ass mofo of a hill... Then timed it perfectly to run down it. I didn't feel close to passing out, I felt quite a sense of achievement. I can do it, I can run a half marathon can't I.

I  only have 6 weeks left of my maternity leave, so I  want to enjoy them with Doodlebean and try not  to stress too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment