Friday 20 January 2017

torch was as useful as a chocolate tea pot

Was epic trying to get Claude to the dentist this morning. I was organised enough to set off with enough time, but the traffic on the Chester Rd was ridiculous. Thought I'd do the good thing and ring them to let them know (so that I'd avoid ranting in their reception and save myself the last part of the journey if needs be). Thankfully the receptionist gave us 10 minutes extra grace. Claude was so looking forward to this appointment to have her teeth filed-Not. She looked so emotional when she came out, as the dentist has said that next time they will be taking her braces off. Could have cried for her too, I'm so glad the braces have worked and she didn't need to have her jaw reset. Her teeth are going to look amazing in time for her end of year prom.

When we got home, I thought I'd try making a smoothie with the kale etc I bought the other day. It seems a bit odd putting leaves in a drink, but it's supposed to be really healthy. I put everything in the blender, it smelled & looked a bit like thick vomit... I'm pleased to say the smoothie tasted ok, no after taste but an odd drink texture.











Has been a lovely day since we got home. The best part of being on maternity leave is watching Doodlebean learn new things. Today we were playing with her toys on the floor and I built her a tower to knock down that was just out of her reach. She was trying so hard to reach it, she perched like a little frog, balancing just like she was ready to crawl off any second. I'm hoping she starts crawling & walking before I go back to work else I will miss it, that makes my heart sad. I have a keep in touch day at work on Monday, then back from 27th Feb.

After school I sat down at the table with Willis to do a couple of pages of his little workbooks as we like learning together and he is awesome at his maths. Dudestar on the other hand was as determined as ever to avoid his homework at all costs. This almost caused a serious knock on effect with Willis prompting me to lose my shit. Of course I then had to apologise for getting cross & explain in a more reasonable tone why he needed to stop being a miserable turd. Willis doesn't have homework anymore apparently, but he enjoys learning new things and I don't want him to lose his thirst for knowledge too soon and believe that all homework is shit & boring - secondary school does that to our kids grrrr

Cakey came over before tea, ready to go running. Thought I'd take one of our head torches as it was  flippin dark over Chasewater last time & I really didn't fancy slipping in a turd or stepping into a puddle (Vicar of Dibley style). The torch not only made me look like a total dumb ass, but it was literally as useful as a chocolate tea pot. It was used briefly to avoid the speed humps at Chasewater, then promptly tucked away in my pocket. We ran into the entrance of Chasewater, but it was really scary and dark, thankfully after a minute the app said we were halfway so we started the run back home. It's funny how motivated running makes you feel. I need to get Dave into running, only then will he understand why we feel the need to do a 5k fun run in Manchester lol.

Perfect end to the day, shower in peace pamper moment followed by a cheeky bud or two. Might get my car washed tomorrow?
Which language shall I learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment