Saturday 7 January 2017

Words just aren't enough

It's late, I've had a glass of wine or two and the wifi keeps dropping out! Make a cuppa and get comfy 😍

Today has been just absolutely epic from start to finish. It is one of those days that even the fly on the wall has enjoyed a most tremendous journey. This is one of those days that will stay with me for ever, that I would highly recommend for your upcoming 40th birthday!

Fust things fust... Who in their right mind books a train for 8:30am on a Saturday morning Hmmm? Oh that'll be me being a tight arse with the train ticket prices, sorry Cake and Jojo and Alex xxx it was pretty much worth it for first class super fast travel from Lichfield to Euston... Apart from, where was my damned bacon butty hmmm? Richard Branson, you need to change it, stuff the week day first class travellers, we need bacon butties when travelling for a child free day out! Shall be writing him a firm letter.
We began our train journey with some minature Pimms, Malibu and Archers (obviously 1 can each, what do you take us for?) Glad I had my porridge before leaving the house, else I would have felt proper drunk instead of just giddy. We basically spend the entire journey like a bunch of crazy teenagers, eating our free Pantone (with an extra for later) followed by yummy Thorntons birthday cake!

Arrived at Euston and had that tricky decision about what to do with our cases? Decided to get our first London cab to the hotel, after fannying about with the Uber app... Tight arse paid off though, would have been £6 per bag to store at Euston for 3 hrs in left luggage, £12 taxi and our room was ready = winner. We were on a mission though, managed to sort the Uber app and a dodgy Uber driver  who had clearly never driven in London before,  to get on the London Eye by 11:00 and the queues were pretty decent really.
The London eye two for one were no good unfortunately, so paid full price... Then left the £1 guide behind... Even forgot to pick it up when we got off. I was actually still a bit giddy from the Pimms, so no 'aargh London' nerves really. Was a great start to the day.
Stopped off for a breakfast, due to the lack of bacon on the train. A small glass of brunch 'Mimosa' Prosseco to gently numb the brain a little more... AllBar-One was very typical I suppose, waiter was a bit of a jobs worth. The food arrived and Cake's was wrong, so she took it back... 20 mins later, as we finished our breakfasts, her poached eggs arrived... But they were cold! Cakey took it back and refused a replacement (who wants a replacement with 'special sauce', never accept a third replacement) so I asked for the bill ready to go. The dozy jobsworth hadn't deducted Cakey's breakfast, so I got my cheesed off Momma head on and went to ask for the manager. Showed them my many 40th birthday badges,  protested at the stupid ass bill and my poor starving Cakey who we needed to feed... Needless to say, he wrote off our bill!
We walked 1600 steps, or 6 miles... Taking lots of half pissed selfies, literally laughing so much my pelvic floor nearly gave in. Found a loo and raided Cakey's and Jojo's pockets for 20p each to go pee! We tested Jojo's vast royalist knowledge (she isn't a royalist tho, honest) was like a school trip lol!  We saw most of the major landmarks and walked past 10 Downing Street.. Showed 'Dave the policeman' my many birthday badges and pleaded for him to let me sneak through the gates to take a cheeky selfie outside no 10, but alas it was a noooo! So went off past the horse guards, got distracted and ended up starving Cakey for several hours. Still never made it to Trafalgar Square.

Are you bored yet?  It's 2am, I need to write this before I forget it in my old age!

We went for a mooch in Harrods after wading through the sea of protesters, would have loved a nice bag but I'm too poor (even the micro elephant purse was £250). By the time we got to Costa, we all had that caffeine starved look about us. I normally have a steady tea flow at home, but tea at Costa is just not nice in my opinion. Booked another Uber back to the hotel ready for tonight, another driver lacking in the London 'knowledge' drove like a twat and nearly ran someone over on a crossing. I'm so glad I wore my stigger everyday walk to school boots though, because my feet haven't ached at all.

Go get a brew, I must tell you all about our evening...

No comments:

Post a Comment