Monday 23 January 2017

Making funny noises while running

Yesterday's run was hard, didn't realise I could make noises like that when I'm running.
Dave is very supportive of me going running and while he is off work he has been having Doodlebean so that I can just get on with it when I fancy, which has been very helpful of course. Decided the other day that I was going to head out for a run with Claude first thing, with the intention of running again later on today to get some miles in... However the mood in our house was verging on the edge of hormonal meltdown. Manstruation mixed with PMT is a bit like the Bruce Willis film Die Hard 3 . You know the one where they plant the bomb in the school and if the two substances mix, then it has fatal consequences.

I figured as it was a nice kind of day, that we would head off with the intention of a longer run instead. I couldn't hear the app through my new earphones properly, so had to keep faffing about with my phone which was a pain. I have to say, that extra 30 seconds of running is a killer. This time I was heavily breathing, relying on that extra blow hole to keep me going... speaking of blow holes, it's funny how running seems to produce more air lol.
We got to the bottom part of Chasewater, by the railway station where you have to go through that cattle gate and as we approached the app told us to start running. I could see a middle aged couple with a little lad on his bike. They were just putting his bike through the gate (whilst we were jogging on the spot) and before the lady could begin dragging her bike through, I smiled and said excuse me and we squeezed though the gate. But then she made my heart beat even faster, making it harder to breathe as she made some remark about being patient. So I casually remarked back to say I was being patient... I feel proud that I managed to bite my tongue instead of opening my mouth in front of the little lad and a whole lot of,  'Oh go and $*&% off, you saw us coming and wanted to be awkward, you ignorant pooface' pouring out of my mouth. Surely, it's a bit like when you're shopping at Aldi and you have a full family shop to load onto the conveyor belt, you let the person with 3 items go in front- well I do anyways.
We thought as we were half way around Chasewater, we'd carry on running and see if we could run at the same pace round to the entrance. My god was it hard. I was breathing so heavily I was making some strange breathing, dying sounds. As we reached the visitor centre, I could see the even steeper mofo hill in front and made myself run up it - I literally had nothing left by the time I reached the top, I could feel my lungs and face burning and had to really sum up some extra determination to run the last bit, 1 run and 1 walk left until the cool down. The walk home was nice and relaxed though, with a sense of satisfaction.
I have my first keep in touch day at work tomorrow, which is a little prep for starting back next month. It make me feel kind of nervous and kind of sad at the same time, it's like the count down timer has started booohoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment