Wednesday 18 January 2017

The same traits as Mr Bean?

Yesterday was a bit shit really, I felt fed up so wasn't in the best mood for writing my blog for all to read. I had written and sent my letter to confirm going back to work after my maternity leave, so think it was probably the sudden realisation that I have less than 6 weeks of maternity leave left.

After finally mustering some motivation, I went shopping with my uber money saver tight arse head on and managed to spend £30 less than usual. Now we don't have the temptation of eating any junk food as I didn't buy any. I still have some hidden Christmas choccies left ssshhh, whilst everyone else has demolished theirs while they verged on the edge of choccy chunder at Christmas, so I may be about to cause a choccy zombie apocalypse in the next few days.

On my tight arse mission, I also rang the energy company I was with to get my money back.  After switching providers in November they still hadn't sent a closing bill etc. The best way I could sum up the conversation is that lady I spoke to was a lot like a sloth. Why they can't send out a cheque as part of the switching process is beyond me. I felt like tapping down the phone to check she was still alive. Eventually found that they owe us over £200 which they caused through hiking up our direct debit in preparation for me to warm my house to that of tropical climates through the winter. I now apparently have to wait up to 21 days for a cheque, because they obviously aren't up to date with bank transfers- I mean, who actually uses cheques and goes into their bank eh? It took me 18 months to change my bank account into my married name.

I started looking on t'interweb the other night for events around the world on the day I was born... Haven't found anything remotely interesting yet, so might have to just find out about the day/ year, rather than the actual date I was born. The only thing I already know is that I share the same birthday as Rowan Atkinson AKA Mr Bean- kind of figures really, perhaps it's a Capricorn trait? I spend a lot of time hiding my Bean-ness, Claude has definitely drawn the short straw with the genetics as she is a bit Beanlike too. Ooohhh, perhaps Doodlebean was subconsciously nicknamed as I know deep down that she will also be Beanlike?
   selfie face
  Image result for mr bean    perplexed face

I have contacted the skydive centre to find out booking information. Usually a charity will fund a skydive if you raise a certain amount on their behalf, but that can't happen apparently. I am now trying to figure out the best way to get it booked as a skydive for the heck of it is quite expensive. I'm pretty sure if he could, Dave would pay as long as he got to push me out of the plane. It's funny, well it's not but you know what I mean... Every time I go to write anything or talk about doing my skydive, it makes me have palpitations. I have wanted to do it for a long time, but have not plucked up the courage until now. I'm not really a particularly brave person, so I'm hoping I have an awesome skydiver to help me find the courage to jump. Think it must be a man thing, but Dave isn't usually one to show excitement or proudness, so I'm so pleased that he is my first sponsor on my just giving page.

Had one of those moments of realisation this morning too, while I was planning our run tonight... My nephew Cameron used to love it over Chasewater, I hope he is not only having a good laugh at my expense, but also looking down on me with proudness as I train round Chasewater to help raise money for Children with Cancer UK. Cam's Sunshine Trust was set up by his mum as he wanted his Doctor to raise money to find a cure for other poorly boys and girls.

I am also aware that it is now near the end of January, so I still need to fit in going on a date with Dave, cleaning my car, time to pamper myself and shave my legs, and make a start on watching movies since 1977... Dave needs to go fishing 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment